My Side

I support incarceration but also programming within the prison system. Programs are important to ensure the prisoners are getting the necessary help and are also being prepared for life when they are released. These programs can include education, employment, or counseling. I think it’s crucial for the prisoners to leave the prison with more knowledge and better attributes than they came in with. I find it important that whether its the educators or social workers that they treat the prisoner with kindness and respect. People tend to learn and display certain behaviors depending on how they are treated.

Another aspect that requires incarceration or punishment to be a part of the prison system is how severe the crime is. It is not okay for a person to murder someone and only get off with only having to go through a rehabilitation program or see a psychologist. That person is clearly a threat to society and needs to serve physical time to reflect on what they have done. After going through the prison system a lot of people do not want to go back because they do not like to be confined or told what to do.