About Me

ABOUT ME

I am a passionate blogger who enjoys analyzing films, television shows, comic books, and other forms of art for their technical style, deeper meaning, and intrinsic value.

In my own art, I aim to explore how fiction is capable of mirroring reality through a variety of artistic media, and to hopefully illustrate the value of fiction in understanding and handling reality. Fiction simultaneously allows people to discover truths about the world from a safe distance and to escape from the tiring aspects of life. I hope to produce art that achieves both of these accomplishments in the future, balancing enlightenment with fun.

Contact: saa011@mcdaniel.edu

Education

Baltimore Polytechnic Institute, [Baltimore, MD] – MAY 2016
I was a member of my high school’s Film Club.

McDaniel College, [Westminster, MD] – May 2020 (IN PROGRESS)
I am an Art major and German minor with a cumulative GPA of 3.752. I am currently also pursuing a Cinema minor.

Experience

In 2008, I won a $1000 college scholarship from the Carson Scholar Fund.

In 2014, I participated with some peers in Northrop Grumman’s High School Innovation Challenge, which tasked participants to develop the most efficient solar- and/or wind-powered vehicle. Our team won second place.

Skills

I have received private piano lessons and taken college piano courses for six years.

I have a basic understanding of video editing software from working with Adobe After Effects.

Activities

I frequently write blogs about comics, movies, and television shows.